Monday, July 8, 2013

White Christmas Korean Drama 2011



Starring: Baek Sung Hyun, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Sang Kyung, Sung Joon, Kim Young Kwang, Kwak Jung Wook, Hong Jong Hyun, Kim Woo Bin, and Lee Som

Rating: PG-13, mild violence and thematic elements

Watched: 8/8 episodes

Synopsis: The story revolves around seven students whom attend a prestigious high school reserved only for the top 1%. Secluded in the mountains, these students decide to stay on campus for their winter break. Because of a previous "incident" a teacher is required to stay on campus with the students as well. During a snow storm, a psychiatrist ends up in a car accident and finds shelter at the school. Unaware, each student has received an anonymous letter and they find themselves searching for a killer among themselves.

My thoughts: I only started watching this because of Lee Soo Hyuk and come to find out Sung Joon's in it too?! Two-for-one special! The other boys aren't hard to look at either ;) Soooo I began watching it for eye-candy, but that's not why I finished it. Just wow. I got so much from this drama that I wasn't even expecting to get. I thought it was just going to be another psycho-thriller. You know those dramas (or movies) that really mess with your head. There is so much more to White Christmas than that. It's more philosophical than anything else. It poses questions that are hard to answer, have multiple answers, or are open-ended. The main one being are monsters born or made? In the end I felt like the answer to this question was both. That there is a monster in all of us. Scary stuff, right? Watch it for yourself and tell me if you agree or not.

Favorite quotes: "Shouldn't the people listening to the joke be more entertained than the joke teller?"

My conclusion: 

Watch ☺

Not Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment