Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Moment to Remember Korean Movie 2004





Starring: Son Ye Jin and Jung Woo Sung

Rating: PG-13, mild sexual content and violence

Synopsis: A woman coming from a heartbreaking split from her affair with a married man, finds herself depressed and lost until she meets Chul Soo (Jung Woo Sung). Through fate they meet again and she finds herself falling for him. They begin dating and eventually get married. Soon after she discovers that she has a rare case of Alzheimer's disease. The rest of the movie shows how she slowly loses pieces of her memory and how Chul Soo watches and agonizes over the loss of his wife whom no longer can recognize him and his fight to make her remember.  

My thoughts: Damn how much did I effin cry just now? My eyes still felt swollen 3 days after. It's safe to say, this movie will make you cry a whole bucket of tears (and then some). It's about a woman (Son Ye Jin) who had an affair with a married man (although I feel that's back story that doesn't really effect the main story). She meets Jung Woo Sung's character after this and they fall in love (that part's really cute). Later on in the story she is diagnosed with a rare case of Alzheimer's, the reason for it being rare is she is still very young. I knew coming into this movie that it was a melodrama, but I don't feel like I watched her being sick for that much of it. It's still heartbreaking to watch the characters deal with the fallout of finding out about her condition and I don't mean to bring the person reading about this down, but that's just what this kind of movie is. If you need a good cry watch this movie.

My conclusion: 

Watch ☺

Not Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment