Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cruel City/Heartless City Korean Drama 2013



Starring: Nam Gyu Ri, Jung Kyung Ho, Lee Jae Yoon, and Kim Yoo Mi

Rating: PG-13, violence and mild sexual content

Watched: 20/20 episodes

Synopsis: Yoon Soo Min is a troubled youth who looks up to her best friend, Lee Kyung Mi, whom she also views as a sister, but when Kyung Mi is tragically murdered during an undercover mission Soo Min believes it's her duty to go undercover and get revenge on her friend's killer. Little does she know that once you're in, it's not so easy to get out. She ends up falling for the organization's king pin who happens to be the number one suspect involved in her friend's murder.

My thoughts: Cruel City is about the underworld of drug-related gangs. Revenge is the theme, but I feel that gets lost in translation as the drama progresses. You hear the main characters talk about getting revenge, but  I don't necessarily feel their hatred or at least it's not thrown in my face every single second of every episode. The twists so far have not been predictable, but have not necessarily added to the story for me (or made me happy). I think it would've been good just as is (you'll have to watch it to know what I'm talking about.) I've found that there's just the right amount of everything though. There's romance, action, suspense, a little mystery; it keeps you guessing. For instance we still do not know who killed the female cop and although YOU know the answers to some of the other questions already the other characters have yet to find out. It's going to be so interesting to see how it all unravels.

If you haven't started watching this drama at least give the first episode a try. (:

My conclusion: 

Watch

Not Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment